The New Government Child Care Package is coming. Are you ready?
The New Child Care Subsidy is launching from July 2, 2018 and we’re here to support you every step of the way! Harmony Early Learning Journey has a dedicated support line, to answer your enquiries and walk you through the entire process, including eligibility, subsidy caps, calculators and more.
What you need to know:
- The upcoming Government change will commence from July 2, 2018
- The Australian Government is investing an additional $2.5 billion into early education and care over the next 4 years
- This will support the 1.2 million families who use approved early education and care
- The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) which will replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
- This will remove the current cap and aid more families in balancing work and early education and care
The Childcare Subsidy (CCS) will:
- Be simpler than the current multi-payment system
- Reduce out of pocket expenses for most families
- Be more targeted, providing further assistance to low and middle-income families
What will I be entitled to, under the new Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?
The Childcare Subsidy (CCS) is calculated on three factors:
- How much ‘work related’ activity (full time, part time and study) you and your partner undertake each fortnight. The entitlement is based on the lesser activity figure for a member of a couple. To read more information on the ‘Activity Test’ click here.
- Your total combined family income. For more information on the ‘Combined Family Income’ click here.
- The amount of early education childcare undertaken. For more information on the ‘Type of Service’ click here.
To assist you in gaining a clearer estimate of your families’ CCS entitlements