Toddlers have an immense capacity to learn and absorb the world around them. These exciting and curious years are some of the most critical of a child’s development.
We know big changes happen during the toddler years like increased independence and more questions. Our educators understand this tremendous time in a child’s life and use their skills to support and encourage their growth. With your input, we give toddlers an environment to explore and learn at their own pace.
Toddlers (2-3 years)
Our early childhood educators welcome each toddler with open arms and patience. We know that toddlers are curious, energetic and growing fast. That’s why we take special care to learn about each child and develop an environment that helps them flourish, instead of hold them back.
We are constantly in communication with you to make changes along the way for your toddler.
In our studios that cater to children 2-3 years, we use and follow these core concepts:
- Rest Times: As a service we do not stipulate a set time that your child must sleep, and we develop an individual daily ritual for your child. If your child does not require a rest of sleep during their day, they will have alternative quiet time learning experiences set up and offered to them.
- Meal Times: Children are viewed as confident and capable during meal time rituals and are aware of their own needs. We know they will eat as much or as little as their body needs.
- Toileting: To ensure toileting success, educators invite children to this experience rather than force it upon them. This creates an unrushed process and positive experience for your child while toilet training. Your child will be treated with utmost respect with special attention to their dignity during these moments.
- Creative Experiences: We encourage and invite children to engage in a selection of art resources, colours, utensils and mediums each day. They have access to these at all times to express themselves and explore their surroundings hands-on.
- Exploratory Times: Each day toddlers are given uninterrupted time for play and interaction. Children at Harmony freely explore our outdoor areas and gardens, interacting with nature, each other and the world around them.
A Typical Day
|Time||Toddlers (2-3 years)|
|6.30am||Children + Parents Welcomed, Breakfast is served|
+ Free Play
|9.30 am-11.30am||Toddlers Program|
Peer Interactions (small + large)
Literacy + Numeracy
Music + Movement
|2.00pm – 3.00pm||Child Interest Led Indoor Experiences|
|3.00 pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3.30pm-6.30pm||Outdoor Experiences + Free Play|
Late Snack provided
A Seamless Transition
Feel confident with your child being in the safest of hands – the hands of those who deeply care about your child’s wellbeing, happiness and natural learning. Know each day that your child is learning and growing in a peaceful, holistic environment.
We take special care at Harmony with each new toddler by creating an environment that nurtures and encourages them.
To make it easy on you, we provide all nappies, wipes, and linens. We also open our doors if you wish to visit during the day.
Each of our studios incorporate daily rituals such as meal times, toileting, rest and group time into their programming. The most important practice being that rituals throughout the day are calm, unrushed and respectful for all children.
Each studio embraces the individuality of each child within their care. Daily rituals will look different from studio to studio and across different age groups and Centres. Please speak with your child’s educators and view the studio routine displayed in each studio.
We believe that healthy foods and drinks impact the growth and wellbeing of your child. We are committed to providing wholesome, nutritious, balanced meals each and every day.
You can learn more about our nutrition philosophy and meals plans on our Nutrition Page.
Communication with parents and families is especially important when it comes to children ages 2-3. We are always open to learning more about your child’s needs and desires, along with any feedback you have about the centre.