Healthy food, drinks and habits greatly impact the learning and growth of your child.
We practice the art of mindful eating. With relaxed mealtimes, your child will share their eating experiences with educators and friends. We provide nutritionally balanced and perfectly portioned meals, real plates, glasses and cutlery and best of all the pleasure of eating food.
- Bi-weekly seasonal menus
- Nutritionally balanced meals prepared by on-site chef
- Fresh, wholesome nutrient rich meals
- Meets significant amount of a child’s daily nutritional requirements
- Follows Nutrition Australia national guidelines and recommendations
- Nut free centre and accommodating of individual allergies
Our bi-weekly seasonal menus are displayed on the kitchen noticeboard and provide several options which can be tailored to the individual needs of each child. We collaborated with Dr. Cris Beer and follow the Nutrition Australia national guidelines and recommendations.
Dr Cris Beer is a holistic medical doctor, author, corporate speaker and media doctor who specialises in nutritional medicine. She works with families from the perspective of attaining optimal health by promoting and encouraging better lifestyle choices. She was the health consultant for The Biggest Loser retreat and has worked closely alongside Griffith University’s School of Nutrition & Dietetics. Her first book Healthy Habits continues to be a popular choice for individuals and families across the globe looking to improve their health. Dr Cris lives on the Gold Coast with her husband and two small children.
Healthy eating patterns and positive attitudes toward food are shared by children and staff. We create a pleasant, culturally-appropriate atmosphere for children at mealtimes which encourages social interaction and learning. Mealtimes at Harmony:
- are relaxed and supervised to encourage healthy eating practices
- include a range of textures and tastes appropriate to the developmental stages of different age groups
- offer a variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, lean meat, fish, chicken, milk, yoghurts and cheese
- children are encouraged to drink water and milk throughout the day
Traces of nuts may be highly dangerous to children who are allergic to them. Because of this, Harmony is a ‘NUT FREE zone’. If your child has other food allergies, please share them with us and we will make accommodations. We want your child to feel comfortable and receive the foods which are best for them.