Our vision is to nurture and assist every child to develop their unique abilities and discover their future unlimited potential.
Harmony Early Learning is a value-based early learning environment where your child can develop into a strong, confident, happy and healthy individual – in both mind and body.
Our values are embedded into everything we do – with every child. In addition to believing these values, we live them out every day at Harmony.
- We believe all learning is integrated and interconnected and unique for each child
- We value and respect cultural diversity, individual differences and development
- We see value in adapting the learning environment to each child’s developmental stage
- We allow children to take initiative and experience freedom while playing
- We discover and encourage the living beauty of childhood imagination
These values are integrated into our high-quality educational programs based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and emergent curriculum play-based learning.
All our educators are guided by our ‘Statement of Intent’ which outlines our philosophy, ethics and social responsibility. We are committed to:
- upholding the rights of all children and acknowledges the place of childhood as a unique and critical part of human lifespan development.
- supporting educators as lifelong learners who will always act collectively and collaboratively in the best interests of children and each other.
- recognising families as children’s most important social and cultural community, where they learn about who they are and their place in the world.
- ensuring the broader community share a united obligation as advocates for and on behalf of our youngest citizens, attentive to the international mandate that the voices of children should be heard and acted upon.
- guaranteeing the principles and practices which frame the early childhood profession in Australia and underpin our work with and alongside children, families and colleagues.